Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fall Break Is Underway!

It is now Tuesday, second official day of Fall Break. It always amazes me how fast this break comes, this year was no exception. Already 1/4 of the way throgh the school year. It will be June before I know it...Well as usual my Break To-Do list is way longer than realistically feasable. But high on the list is getting this blog, as well as updated photo albums, online. I have enlised the aid of some 3rd party sites (this one, blogger.com, as well as smugmug.com) to make the updating easier - in the hopes that I will keep things updated more regularly. As clever as I like to think I am, complex computer scripting to do simple things like upload photos really isn't my day job, and I am finally at a point where I am not ashamed to be using more idiot-proof sites to help me.

We are also trying to find a suitable loft bed for Lily. She has long wanted a "ladder bed" and now the search is on in earnest. I have found a few online, but would prefer not to have to order that way if I can avoid it. So I will be checking out some stores in Denver, probably when I go up there next week for my rheumatologist checkup.

This last weekend we went swimming (at the indoor wave pool - Cottonwood Creek), and cooked a faboulous dinner Sunday night, using mostly the fresh veggies we bought at the Produce Stand on Powers. What a difference fresh, untreated food makes! If only we could cook like this every night - will I ever have that much time in my life??? I wonder if back in the day, when all people (well the women anyway) did was cook they had meals like this? If you were used to such things, most of the food we eat today would taste so bland and artificial...

Today, we have Lily's first ever parent-teacher conference. So of course we are anxious to see how that goes. It feels like she is at the brink of such a transition right now, in so many ways. She is really trying hard to do the right thing, but she does have a major temper, and learning to control it is going to be a long (perhaps life-long!) process. And she is so sensitive right now - she wants to be successful and make everyone proud - she gets very stressed when she doesn't. And that doesn't help with the temper...but all in all she is turning into a wonderful human being! Now we'll see what her teachers have to say :)

Well that's all for now - if you are reading this then at least one of my to-do list items has been accomplished! Don't forget to check out the new photo gallery - there should be a link on the main page somewhere... or at least there will be soon!

Lots of love to everyone,
jaime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm new too. It's hard ot find blogs and keep in touch. Now you have a reader. I have really been trying to learn this and Digi Scrapbooking. :)