Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break Countdown

So March is moving along quite nicely. Only 3 more days of school until Spring Break! This last weekend, we went up to Denver to see the Disney on Ice show. It was pretty good. I wish our seats had been up just a tad higher, but it was still a pretty good view. The show's story line had the Incredibles going to Disneyland for a vacation, then of course evil villain Sydrome shows up and they have to save the day instead. It was entertaining, even though Lily hasn't seen the Incredibles movie. We actually tried to take her to see it in the theater, but it turned out she was way too young at the time and we had to leave before it hardley even got started.

There is a Princess Disney on Ice that is touring now too, I hope they come here sometime soon. Lily had recently thought she wanted to change her vacation pick next year to Disneyland, but when she realized there was no Epcot, and no Pirate Cruise, that was a deal breaker so now we are planning on Disney World again. Unless she changes her mind. Again. I think we may try the Beach Club this time -it is supposed to have the best pool in all of Disney World. But that is still a little over a year away... oh well. Only 10 more days till we go to Chicago! I just realized our ticker (on the tickers page) is off by a week - must have put in the wrong dates! Oh well, I'm probably not going to bother making a new one now...

On Saturday Lily also went to a Tea Party - the girls were quite adorable in their little dresses! It was the first time I had dropped her off at a party... it would turn out not to be the first time that weekend that we suddenly felt she was growing up...

She has started dance class again. We found another dance studio that seems to be working out better than the one she was at last year. Her class is considered a combo class - but mostly seems to be a modern type ballet - they do everything barefoot! It is much more relaxed feeling than the old place, and they are even going to let her be in the recital!

Last week she got Spring Portraits done - they are on our photoalbum website . I had waited to get them done until I found out if she was going to need new glasses this year - we were pleasantly surprised to find out that her prescription was unchanged so went ahead with the portraits. Then the next day her glasses broke, so now she is getting new ones - and we have portraits of her in her old glasses! Oh well. Hopefully the new ones will be in before we go to Chicago anyway.

We have been trying very hard to eat out less - actually planning a menu and going to the store with a grocery list every weekend. It's working out pretty well - but man it takes a lot of willpower not to jump in the car when Brian gets home and go to Noodles, or Mexican... or pizza... I'm going through a bit of withdrawel!

I was supposed to take Nala to the vet today to get her bordatella shot (so she can go to the PetsHotel next week) but it didn't work out so I guess I will try to go next week when I am off.. As long as I get it before next Tuesday it should be okay. Well that's about all I can think of...hopefully Spring Break will get here soon. If I don't get around to doing another update before our trip - I'll definitely post a trip report when we get back!

No comments: